Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Business Development Team
At Europanel we provide an unparalleled and international perspective to global consumer goods companies such as Unilever, Proctor & Gamble, Coca Cola, Kellogg’s and Henkel. Through continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and tailored solutions, Europanel inspires successful decisions by retailers, government organisations, market analysts and manufacturers globally.
Make your individual mark and build a career working with one of our biggest clients
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. You will be working across a number of different clients/industries driving sales, as well as supporting the team in delivering global projects to ad-hoc clients such as Oatly, Starbucks, etc. You will be reaching out to prospective clients and well as growing and developing existing relationships with on-going clients. You will play a key role in educating clients on our EP offer, training clients to use our data, on-boarding clients, and up-selling solutions when an opportunity is identified. Due to the Global nature of the role, you will also be collaborating with our wide network of local teams based around the globe.
It is an exciting time for the team as we continue to grow with both new and existing clients. This position would suit an enthusiastic and proactive individual who is keen to develop their management, negotiation and networking skills. The ideal candidate would be a determined and confident individual, who is able to challenge, influence and shape client briefs. We are looking for and individual who is proactive; who loves to collaborate; who can present EP credentials and interrogate client’s briefs. Candidates should have the ability to undertake tasks with an enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude and be able to prioritise and manage multiple stakeholders and projects at the same time.
What you will be doing?
- Build and maintain a pipeline, engaging both new, prospect and lapsed clients
- Develop strong relationship with new client, supporting them in their journey with Europanel
- Focus on delivering impactful pieces of work and engaging the team to elevate the quality and efficiency of our delivery
- Work with different data sources to provide insights to senior stakeholders
- Lead and work on any client RFP’s/RFI’s with clients
- Negotiating new and existing contracts
- Develop opportunities to grow revenue for Europanel, with a focus on proactively approaching clients
- Collaborate with and motivate other members of the Business Development team
- Coach, train and manage more junior members of the team, sharing knowledge and encouraging a culture of learning.
- Support junior members on smaller accounts, delivery of presentation and client meetings.
What skills and experiences would the ideal candidate have?
- A proactive self-starter with energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work on own initiative
- Dedicated and hardworking, with experience of taking ownership of tasks
- Strong organisational skills and experience of handling multiple stakeholders & deadlines
- Understands client needs and maximises opportunities for winning revenue
- Confidence, with the ability to challenge and influence client thinking and approach to briefs
- Able to generate creative approaches to projects to meet the needs of the client
- A real team player with a collaborative attitude to work with other teams and agencies
- Strong communication skills with both clients and colleagues
- A collaborative approach with clients and colleagues of various personalities and cultures
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- Be able to use negotiation skills with clients and local teams
- Confidence approaching new client conversations
- Strong commercial ability with a history of hitting targets